Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Welcome + Introduction

Welp, this is probably the 12th blog I've started in my lifetime.  Those of you who know me know where my life stands right now; a married, full time student with a part time job at my local U-Haul branch.  My free time is limited, but I do have a goal for myself over the next year or two: learn programming.

I purchased my first PC around 2 years ago and have since been upgrading it piece by piece.  As a result, I'm spending more and more time with a keyboard glued to my finger tips.  With all of the free resources the internet provides, I fell in love with the idea of being able to create something with nothing more than some free software and a keyboard.

So that is what this blog will be, a log/journal following my experiences as I learn how to programming.  To be honest, this may be dull at times for readers.  This is more for my benefit.  My hope is that by keeping a blog I may be a little more motivated to achieve this goal.  I'll share the issues I come across, my completed code projects/assignments, jokes, anecdotes, and well, just about anything else I may consider relatable.

To begin, I'll work my way through Python 2.7, using Shaw's "Learn Python the Hard Way" and Sweigart's "Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python".  My coffee is brewing and the Ramen is boiling, time to get started.

-JWEST

No comments:

Post a Comment